Let’s start with an easy question: Do you get the thrills when talking about programming? Yes? Okay, so far so good. Let’s jump to the next one: Would you like to be part of one of the best fintech companies coming out of Copenhagen, Denmark with ambitions to expand to new markets? Oh yes, tech stack - would you like to work with Python, SQL/PostgreSQL, Docker/Docker Compose, Airflow and CI/CD tools? If you can answer YES to this as well then we are off to a pretty good start. Let’s continue.
We are Risika. Data lovers, Culture geeks, Visionaries, Doers, Leaders, Gamers, Learners, Explores, Moms, Dads, Dog lovers, Strategists, Foodies but most importantly we are People-People and we genuinely believe that our people are the most important part of our company. Still with us? Great, then please keep reading.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer based out of Copenhagen (remote is also an option) that of course has the right experience and skills to take us to the next level as well as having a “we” approach to your job is an absolute must. Perfect, you are on board with that as well. Let’s dive a bit deeper into the role.
We would like you to
- Feel comfortable with taking ideas to action in the least possible time
- Have a broad background in tech products
- It would be amazing if you have experience with fintech but it’s not a must
- Develop, maintain and test our data pipelines and our REST API with the latest technologies and development techniques
- Have a flexible mindset in terms of agile methods
- Work in close collaboration with our Frontend and Data Science teams
- Be a people-centric Backend Developer that takes pride in constructive feedback, development of peers, pushing status quo and living up to our virtues
- Be comfortable with being on a scaleup journey where things can be a bit chaotic at times
What we would like you to have
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years working experience with Python (we’re using 3.7+) and SQL databases
- Working experience using Linux, Bash, SSH and git. Furthermore, it would be amazing if you have experience with some of the technologies listed above in the intro
- A driven approach to your work and being okay with taking responsibility
- The ability to think outside the box and identify opportunities
- An open minded approach to coaching and willingness to always learn new things
- Strong interpersonal skills and excels at relationship building and collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and other languages are just a huge plus
You’ll probably have some other topics and ideas that we need to solve and that’s why the above bullets are what we imagine the main focus would be but we expect that you lay down the cards and help us understand what we need to focus on achieving our goals.
What you can expect from us
Of course we offer all the lovely benefits like an awesome location in the heart of Copenhagen, pension scheme, flexible working hours, the option to work remote, health insurance, lunch and all of that good stuff. But the most important part is that we offer you the opportunity to join a one of a kind startup journey where you can create real impact – not just the buzz word kind of impact but real impact where you take full responsibility of your area of expertise! You get to work together with the friendliest and brightest minds in the industry.
In 2017 a small group of FinTech nerds from Copenhagen hatched a vision to challenge the faceless and old-school status quo within the exotic industry of financial risk management. We leverage machine learning to help companies predict paying and non-paying customers, while delivering more ideal customers, through the Risika platform. Our ever growing collection of nerdy teamplayers has origins in auditing, sales, data and computer science, all gathered to make sure that our solutions are as flexible, automated, and reliable as possible. We are trusted by more than 1000 finance and sales professionals across the Nordics, and we are closing in on 100 champagne celebrations since we started - a ritual that manifests our triumph virtue.