Let’s start with an easy question: Do you get the thrills when talking about how legal can support the business? Yes? Okay, so far so good. Let’s jump to the next one: Would you like to be part of one of the best fintech companies coming out of Copenhagen? If you can answer YES to this one as well then we are off to a pretty good start. Let’s continue.
We are Risika. Data lovers, Culture geeks, Visionaries, Doers, Leaders, Gamers, Learners, Explores, Moms, Dads, Dog lovers, Strategists, Foodies but most importantly we are People-People and we genuinely believe that our people are the most important part of our company. Still with us? Great, then please keep reading.
We are looking for a Head of Legal that of course has the right experience and skills to take us to the next level but buying into the above and having a “we” approach to your job is an absolute must. Perfect, you are on board with that as well. Let’s dive a bit deeper into the role.
We would like you to
- Be responsible for building our legal setup and implement legal as a key part of our business
- Keep an overview of contractual obligations, reviewing and updating legal documents accordingly
- Help us grow with the right legal processes in place
- Have a focus on transparent communication to make sure that key stakeholders and relevant departments are on the same page
- Be a courageous and people-centric Head of Legal that takes pride in constructive feedback, development of peers, pushing status quo and living up to our virtues
- Be comfortable with being on a startup journey where things can be a bit chaotic at times
What we would like you to have
- 2-5 years of experience as a lawyer either in-house, at a law firm or in the public sector
- General experience with data protection law, legal knowledge, corporate law and employment law and commercial law - you might be a specialist in one area and have basic knowledge in other areas
- An ability to in a clear and well-argued way communicate complex legal issues to managers, stakeholders and employees
- An open minded approach to coaching and willingness to always learn new things
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and other languages are just a huge plus
You’ll probably have some other topics and ideas that we need to solve and that’s why the above bullets are what we imagine the main focus would be but we expect that you lay down the cards and help us understand what we need to focus on achieving our goals.
What you can expect from us
Of course we offer all the lovely benefits like an awesome location in the heart of Copenhagen, pension scheme, flexible working hours, the option to work remote, health insurance, lunch and all of that good stuff. But the most important part is that we offer you the opportunity to join a one of a kind startup journey where you can create real impact (not just the buzz word kind of impact but real impact where you take full responsibility of your area of expertise) and work together with the friendliest and brightest minds in the industry.
In 2017 a small group of FinTech nerds from Copenhagen hatched a vision to challenge the faceless and old-school status quo within the exotic industry of financial risk management. We leverage machine learning to help companies predict paying and non-paying customers, while delivering more ideal customers, through the Risika platform. Our ever growing collection of nerdy teamplayers has origins in auditing, sales, data and computer science, all gathered to make sure that our solutions are as flexible, automated, and reliable as possible. We are trusted by more than 1000 finance and sales professionals across the Nordics, and we are closing in on 100 champagne celebrations since we started - a ritual that manifests our triumph virtue.